Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT memories
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SFoT memories If you have a special story about the park, a fellow employee, or just working there, enter it here.

Old June 17th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Black Tag

Default Cyrus Cosmo

I've really enjoyed the photos of Cyrus (especially the magic show, which I never knew of).

I thought I'd share an odd memory of Cyrus. It had to be circa 75, in Oklahoma. My Dad ran a travel agency (Funseekers USA) which had some agreement with Six Flags (which explains why I spent so many summers there while Dad was at big-wig meetings).

Anyhow, the agency arranged a promotion and Six Flags sent an actor to Oklahoma City, with the Cyrus costume to be at an event at a local mall (Crossroads Mall to be precise).

I don't recall much about the event (I would have been 8 at the time), but I do remember the actor in the back of a big white van changing out of the costume, covered in sweat (the actor, not the costume, though inside it may have been just that).

I joked about how nice a mini-fan would be in the head piece, and he laughed and agreed. It was like I was getting away with something, seeing Cyrus out of costume.

But the best part? He let me put on the Cyrus head!

I can still remember trying to look out the eyeholes and working to hold this massive costume head up so I wouldn't topple over. It was so cool!

Like I said, an odd memory, but then again, that is the whole point of this forum!

I agree, CC is much cooler than the Dancing Old Man. Does anyone else have fond memories of the Cyrus character?
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Red Tag

Smile Cyrus Cosmo

Cyrus Cosmos was my favorite character ever...totally love the mascot! I do not like the old dancing man they have now!
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
General Manager

They'll probably stick with Old Baldy because there's enough costumed characters running around as it is.